Effective Date: May 31, 2016
Information You Provide to Us
IMG collects information from you when you choose to provide it to us. This may include when you request information from us, sign up for our newsletters or email lists, access or use our Service, make a purchase, participate in our contests, promotions, sweepstakes, surveys, or interviews, request support, or otherwise interact with us.
The information we collect may include your name, address, email address, telephone number, photos, videos, payment information, and any other information you choose to provide. You may also be required to provide certain information to access certain portions of the Service.
Information we automatically collect
Using the information gathered about you over time, we engage in interest-based advertising, or “online behavioural advertising”, which includes ads presented to you after you leave our Service that encourage you to return. These ads may also include offers we think are relevant to you based on your shopping habits or online activities, and they may be served on websites or applications. We may serve these ads, or third party advertisers and ad networks may serve you these ads. Many of these third parties have opt-out mechanisms for their ad cookies. We adhere to the Digital Advertising Alliance Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioural Advertising and the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada’s Canadian Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioural Advertising. For more information about your choices, please see the “Advertising and Analytics” section below and visit: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ and http://youradchoices.ca/choices/.”
If you attend TASTE events where we are capturing audio and video recordings, we may also collect sound clips and images of you. We may also use cameras and sensors to collect environmental information at TASTE events, such as information about temperature changes, noise and humidity levels and amounts of motion.
Information we collect from other source
We may receive information about you from other sources and link or combine that with information we collect about you. For example, we may collect publicly available information about you from social media platforms if you have agreed to this disclosure of your information by these platforms.
IMG uses information we collect from and about you to:
- Operate, maintain, and improve the Service;
- Develop new Services and content;
- Provide you with information on venues, events, exhibits, and special offers from IMG during and after TASTE;
- Provide you with customized content, targeted offers, and advertising on the Service or other sites and apps;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Service and TASTE events;
- Respond to your inquiries and provide customer service;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries, prizes, and rewards;
- Send you information, newsletters, and promotional materials from IMG and our partners. You can opt-out of receiving promotional materials at any time. Please see “Your Communication Choices” below;
- Protect the security or integrity of the Service and our business;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the point of data collection.
IMG may share the personal information we collect from and about you:
- With our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership;
- With our service providers, vendors, and consultants who need access to the information to perform services for us (collectively, “Service Providers”). Service Providers are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Occasionally, we may use Service Providers located outside of Canada to process and/or store personal information for us. For more information, please see “Data Storage” below;
- With event sponsors and other partners, including but not limited to Heed, LLC and their respective affiliates and subsidiaries, where necessary to provide you with the Services and for their own business purposes, including for the purpose of sending you promotional communications if you opt-in to receiving them. Please see “Your Communication Preferences” below for more details;
- As necessary if we believe that there has been a violation of the TASTE Terms of Service or of our rights or the rights of any third party;
- To respond to judicial process or provide information to law enforcement or regulatory agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law;
- To professional advisors and potential purchasers in connection with any merger, sale of assets, financing, bankruptcy, or reorganization of our business; and
- With your consent.
Further, IMG may share aggregated or anonymous information which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Advertising and analytics
Your information may be stored on servers outside of Canada, such as in the United States, where the data protection and other laws may differ from those in Canada. Your information may be subject to access and disclosed in response to inquiries or requests by government authorities or to respond to judicial process in the countries in which we operate. By accessing or using the Service or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of information in and to the United States and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law. For more information, you can contact our Privacy Controller Debra Shuwarger at the details listed below.
Updating and accessing your information
If you have a registered account for our Service, you can access and correct your personal information on your account profile at any time by logging into your user account. For other questions related to updating or changing your account information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not have a registered user account on the Service, you believe we hold personal information about you, or any errors cannot be corrected by accessing your account, and the personal information you have submitted to us is no longer accurate, current or complete and you wish to update it, please email us at email@example.com. We will take all reasonable steps to update your information. Summary information is also available on request.
However, your right to access your personal information are not absolute. IMG may deny access when: (i) denial of access is required or authorized by law; (ii) when granting you access would have an unreasonable impact on other people’s privacy, unless the requested information is severable from the personal information of other people; and (iii) to protect IMG’s confidential commercial information. If we deny your request for access to, or refuse a request to correct information, we shall explain why.
Data security & retention
IMG takes reasonable precautions to help protect your information. We have taken certain physical, administrative, and technical steps to safeguard the information we collect from and about our customers and Service users. Because there is always some risk in transmitting information over the Internet, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
The Service may have links to third-party sites or applications, which may have privacy policies that differ from our own. We neither endorse nor are we responsible for the practices of such sites or applications or the content, products, services or any other information they may provide. Your use of links to sites or applications outside of our Service does not constitute or imply any affiliation with any of the owners of the third-party sites or applications to which we provide links.
IMG will maintain certain personal information about you as long as reasonably necessary for us to complete our dealings with you, or as may be required by law.
Your communication choices
You may opt-out of receiving promotional communications from IMG by following the unsubscribe instructions in those communications or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications.
Sometimes we offer promotions sponsored or co-sponsored by identified third parties such as Heed, LLC and their respective affiliates and subsidiaries. We will notify you at the time of requesting personal information if third party sponsors require personal information from you and why, and we will obtain your prior express consent for such disclosures and use.
If you have any questions
Revisions to this policy